Our hectic and busy routine has made people to look for easy outlets like, watching TV, a walk or even food! Increased stress tends to increase the craving for food as well, but these cravings may lead to an unwanted weight gain. Even if you go for a controlled diet, but it’s natural that you will power gives away at certain stage. So, at this stage, adipex can help you regulate your eating habits so that you lose weight speedily. It is a powerful appetite suppressant that acts upon your nervous system and minimizes your uncontrolled longing to food.
How Adipex-P Works
Adipex is a sympathomimetic amine, which is similar to an amphetamine. It is also called as an “anorectic” drug. Adipex causes some specific chemicals present in the hypothalamus gland of your brain to increase in number. These are the chemicals that control your appetite. Adipex is an absolutely documented weight loss drug that is approved by FDA approved weight loss drug.
Prescription or No Prescription
Though Adipex is documented safe by FDA but still its affects may vary from person to person depending upon the body system. Thus, it is always suggested that Adipex should be taken after doctors’ prescription only.
What you should know about Adipex-P
Do take care while driving, operating machinery, or performing other unsafe tasks as Adipex may cause giddiness, blurred vision, or restlessness. Moreover, effect of adipex may cover the symptoms of extreme tiredness.
You must tell your doctor about all your medications you are taking. Additionally, inform your doctor of the problems like thyroid, epilepsy or diabetes if you have.
- It is not known whether Adipex will harm an unborn baby. Do not take Adipex-P without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant.
- It is also not known whether Adipex passes into breast milk. Do not take Adipex without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby
Avoid taking Adipex-P When You have;
- heart disease or high blood pressure;
- taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), like isocarboxazid (Marplan), tranylcypromine (Parnate), or phenelzine (Nardil) in the last 14 days
- A history of drug abuse.
How to take Adipex-P
- Start taking adipex only after physician’s prescription
- Follow the directions completely
- Take the dose with a glass of water
- Take twice a day before a meal on an empty stomach.
- Avoid taking your dose in the evening to prevent insomnia
- Take adipex without crushing, chewing or opening the capsules. Swallow them whole
- Never take an overdose to have quicker effect rather it will prove dangerous to your health
- Keep the drug away from moisture and heat
Possible Side effects of Adipex-P
At the start of adipex treatment, one may face some mild side effects, like;
- troubled sleep
- Bad taste or dry mouth
- Sudden changes in sex drive
But in case any of the following side effects appears, stop taking Adipex and seek emergency medical attention immediately;
- Breathing problem
- Allergic reaction
- Very high blood pressure
- Abnormal behavior
- Blurred vision
Adipex is found to be a habit forming drug. During the course of drug, you may become physically and psychologically dependent on it. Thus, abrupt stoppage of adipex may cause some of the withdrawal effects. These withdrawal effects may include excessive fatigue, depression, helplessness and sometimes rapid heart beat. This medication is to be discontinued gradually after consulting your doctor.
In today’s date, while obesity is spreading its roots across the world, adipex has been proved a sure shot medication to cure the menace in the most effective manner.