Gold Standard Whey Review
Looking for a 100% pure whey protein for your bodybuilding? Whey Gold Standard is touted as one of the most popular supplements for whey protein. Being ranked top selling and number one whey protein supplement, it worth all the hype surrounding it. Read on to see what makes the Gold Standard Whey perfect protein powder supplements in the market.
Gold Standard Whey Details
The Gold Standard Whey comes in a nicely compact tub. All the information that you would require such as ingredients, fat content, sugar percentage, and so on, is mentioned in clear manner on the label itself. You’ll see a comprehensive section of standard nutrition panel, which is again quite a noticeable thing. The other portions of the packaging contain succinct section on whey protein isolates, amino acid profile, blend of the protein and extra positives used. The powder has a consistency similar to that of a wheat flour and strong sweet smell.
As far as taste is concerned, Gold Standard Whey comes in a wide range of flavors including all the common flavors like vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, and banana cream. Apart from these, the novel flavors provided include rocky road, tropical punch, cookies and cream and coffee. In total, there are 21 flavors that will cater the needs of even most fussy taster. Most flavors offered are also pleasant when mixed with other flavors as per manufacturer’s instructions. To enhance the taste, you can also mix the powder with any of the available flavors.
The entire range of Gold Standard Whey mixes really well. You can either use a spoon, blender or shaker to ensure that minimal clumps at the base of the glass, jar, cup or shaker. There is also a little foaming and frothing. Even the little bit of foaming settle very quickly. Following the mixing directions carefully using about 200-250mL of milk or water will produce nicely dissolved solution.
The Gold Standard Whey comes in a range of 3 sizes. Those who are fitness freaks often need protein that can last a long time. For such people, buying larger sizes makes all the sense and it is considered to be a cost-effective option. On the other hand, if you are a beginner and not sure of your goals, try your hands on medium or small packs. If it suits you, buying a larger pack should not be a matter of thought, anymore. Compared to other similar products in the market, the Gold Standard Whey Protein is slightly cheaper. It is also available in a wide range of flavours that taste amazingly great. It is definitely a product that gives value for money.
1. Protein Blend – It contains a blend of whey protein concentrate, whey peptides and whey protein isolate.
Whey Protein Isolates: These are filtered whey that produce highest amount of protein at 90%+. Since the water portion is removed, most of the fat, cholesterol, carbohydrates, and lactose content are also removed.
Whey Protein Concentrate: It is another kind of filtered protein that produces very high proportion of protein, but less than isolates. It contains very low level of cholesterol and fat, but more than isolates.
Whey Peptides: It is partially broken down protein that aid in quick absorption of protein.
2. Lecithin – Food additives are often used to improve shelf life, as well as mix well without causing lumps.
3. Acesulfame Potassium – It is a zero-calorie sweetener often used in conjunction with other sweeteners like aspartame and sucralose to produce better sugar taste. It also eliminates undesirable aftertastes.
4. Aminogen – This commercial substance is used to break down the long chain of peptides into smaller ones, along with their amino acids. This ensures faster absorption and digestion.
5. Sucralose – This is an extremely sweet artificial sweetener.
6. Lactase – The enzyme is used to digest the lactose, and the sugar from milk and other milk products.
Now that we have already discussed all the features and aspects of Gold Standard Whey Protein, let’s take a look at some pros and cons. This brief comparison should help you understand the advantages you can reap from the product, and disadvantages that can have some negative implications based on individual interests.
- The consideration of a mix of 4 separate proteins provides safety which also guarantees that you get the benefits of every protein mix. Utilization of concentrates, peptides and isolates guarantees a consistent profile of protein assimilation and ingestion in order to not overburden and immerse the frameworks included in retention or absorption of protein.
- The utilization of two contrasting filtered whey protein isolates serves to guarantee that bioactive compounds and essential subfractions, for example, lactoferrin, development variables (critical for organ development and capacity), cytokines and immunoglobulins (for a sound immune system) are easily available without sacrificing the high protein content in the product. The consideration of aminogen and lactose is additionally useful to guarantee quick absorption and ingestion of the protein, while making it more easy to digestible with lactose intolerant individuals.
- Furthermore, the total amount of essential amino-acids per serving is sufficient to maintain positive muscle-protein balance.
Due to the blend of protein, the whey is easily absorbed. But, it is not suitable to be used for a long time. Also, the user should keep a gap of at least 4 hours between two servings a day. Commonly used as a post-workout protein, the amount of protein in this product is high enough to bring ergogenic effects. Thus it’s highly recommended to combine it with intra or post workout carbohydrate diet when training.
Overall, the Gold Standard Whey makes an excellent protein blend. It can be consumed between two solid meals, pre-workout or post-workout. When using pre or post workout, the added intake of carbohydrates can boost the benefic results and also help restore glycogen.
The wide range of flavours is a bonus and it also allow easy mixability. You can create your own flavour as well to enhance your taste. Overall, it value for money which makes it one of the forerunners in quality blended whey protein market today. With millions of satisfied consumers around the world, the Gold Standard Whey has certainly done a lot of things right while formulating this product. For those who are yet to try it out, well, it is definitely recommended!