Green Coffee Bean Review
Hi there! If you’re looking to find out if Green Coffee Bean Extract can help you lose weight – you have come to the right place. This report will provide you everything you need to know about this natural supplement – how it works, how it’s used, its benefits and downsides, plus real user experiences both good and bad to help you determine if this weight loss solution could ultimately get rid of your unwanted fat. Green Coffee Bean extract was brought to my attention after its prolific launch on the Dr Oz show, where he called the extract “one of the most important discoveries we’ve made to help you burn fat faster”.
But if you’re anything like me, you take these claims with a pinch (or shovel) of salt! With so many new products coming to market that claim to melt fat and boost metabolism, such as Garcinia Cambogia or Raspberry Ketones, it’s difficult to differentiate or find out which is the best supplement for you.
So I’ve written this green coffee bean extract review, asking the questions that are important to you or me, as a consumer, such as:
- What’s the clinical research behind green coffee beans and weight loss?
- Will green coffee bean help everyone lose weight, or is it just for specific people?
- What’s the best green coffee bean extract for weight loss?
- What’s the best dosage of green coffee beans to lose weight?
- Specifics to look for when buying green coffee bean extract?
- So just what are green coffee beans?
But first, I want to share with you a little information about what green coffee beans are and why they’re reputed to help lose weight.
Green coffee beans are basically coffee beans before they are roasted and ground to make our favorite drink. They’re picked and the extract removed and turned into a supplement, full of their key ingredient – chlorogenic acid.
Chlorogenic acid has purported weight loss properties, as it has the double impact of slowing down the speed at which sugar is converted in the bloodstream, as well as helping cleanse the liver so that it can more effectively burn fat stores. But more of that later…
Already know you want to jump ahead and buy your green coffee bean extract? I’ve selected my ‘best of the best’ supplement that fits the profile denoted on the Dr Oz show. Click here to find out which one I’m recommending, and order securely for fast delivery.
Green coffee beans vs. regular coffee
When people found out that I was researching and reviewing green coffee bean extract, I got asked one question again and again: can’t I get the same effects from drinking coffee? In short, no. When the beans have been roasted, they lose pretty much all of their chlorogenic acid, which is the key weight loss ingredient. So you must buy the extract of green coffee beans in its native state, regular coffee beans – whilst giving you a good old caffeine fix – they won’t help you lose weight.
What is chlorogenic acid and how does it help you lose weight?
Chlorogenic acid is the antioxidant found in green coffee beans, and it is claimed that this compound helps slow down the release of glucose – or sugar – into the bloodstream. You know when you’ve eaten a handful of sweets or a big slice of cake with a can of soda that the sugar rush you get helps you stay away during those long meetings at work, or when you’re staying up late to study. Whilst this rush is helpful for the short term, the long term effects on your body, particularly in terms of weight loss, are terrible. The body produces insulin to help direct the sugar in the blood and whilst there is insulin coursing your body, the production of fat-burning enzymes is halted. Put simply, when you are recovering from the sugar high, your body stops burning fat. Fatal for diets.chlorogenic-acid-formula
And of course you know that after the high, there is the low. When you crash from a sugar high, the body craves more sugar, turning it into a nightmare circle.
Chlorogenic acid helps slow down the rate at which carbs become sugar, which means that your body doesn’t have to produce a ton of insulin to fight it, which means that you continue to burn fat. And according to an article written in 2011, chlorogenic acid can also help lower blood pressure levels, particularly in those suffering from mild hypertension.
So green coffee bean extract also lowers blood pressure! Are there any other health benefits?
Yes! Without looking at the main reason we’re obsessed with green coffee bean – the weight loss aspect – there are actually many other health benefits associated with the supplement and chlorogenic acid:
- Chlorogenic acid can help the body burn fat efficiently and quickly
- Lower weight can help reduce instances of Type 2 Diabetes
- Cancer busting: chlorogenic acid contains vast amounts of antioxidants (250 times as much as blueberries), and these antioxidants can help with everything from anti-aging to fighting disease
- Green coffee bean, as I mentioned above, can help lower blood pressure, and this leads to improved energy, mental function and detoxification capabilities, amongst others
- Energy boost and better digestive and bowel emptying through caffeine consumption
- But now to the million dollar question: how does green coffee bean extract help you lose weight?
Chlorogenic acid can help us lose weight in 2 distinct ways:
- Slowing down the release of sugar into the blood stream means we release less insulin which means we continue to burn fat when usually the body would stop
- Improving the fat burning properties of the liver, focusing on excess fat stores so that we burn existing fat faster, as well as limiting the amount of new fat cells
Sounds too good to be true, right?
That’s why I delved into the green coffee bean extract research findings, to check in more detail
And what did the research tell us? Well, there were 2 main clinical studies and a few others that were ruled out, due to various stringent research criteria not being hit. In layman’s terms, the studies weren’t conducted properly, in proper clinical circumstances, so they have not been included in the grand debate. But here’s what I DID discover:
- In a study in the Indian journal Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity, 16 participants were given three tablet, for a few weeks at a time. One tablet was a placebo, one was 700mg of green coffee bean extract, and one was 1,050mg of green coffee bean extract. With the higher dosage, subjects lost around 8kg and overall they lost, on average, 18lb, equating to 10% of their bodyweight over the 22 weeks
- In an ‘unprecented’ study conducted on Dr Oz (the poor guy got slammed after promoting green coffee bean extract the first time around), half of the participants were given a placebo and half were given 400mg supplements. Those with the genuine supplement lost twice as much weight as those on the placebo.
- A rodent study found that caffeine and chlorogenic acid showed “a tendency to reduce visceral (i.e. belly) fat and body weight
- A different rodent study found that when fed chlorogenic acid, fatty liver build up was reduced by a quarter.
So whilst the evidence is limited, it is there. Further research probably needs to be done, but for me, the writing is on the wall and the key is selecting the right supplement with the right ingredients and the right dosage, for weight loss and health benefits. Want to know which one I’ve selected that ticks every box?
Selecting the best green coffee bean extract: the right dosage and what to look for
Unfortunately, as with most diet supplements, there are unscrupulous companies that set up shop the moment the Dr Oz show (or any other) has gone live, selling inferior products. In some instances, the products are downright phony. And whilst I’m amazed at the speed that these companies can get set up, the knock on effect is that many people have spent their hard-earned cash on rubbish products, so are quick to knock green coffee bean extract.
But if you choose a product that has the right qualities – and ALWAYS buy from a reputable vendor that you trust – then you should be able to experience the powerful weight loss benefits of green coffee bean extract.
Here’s what to look for when buying green coffee beans:
- Choose a supplement that contains at least 400mg of green coffee bean extract
- Avoid any supplements that contain fillers, binders, artificial ingredients, etc.
- Look for a supplement that contains at least 50% chlorogenic acid
- Check the label to be sure it says Green Coffee Antioxidant (GCA) or Svetol (the most common trading name)
- Buy an established, trustworthy brand – do your research before you buy
- Buy organic if you can afford it
Maximize Your Success with Green Coffee
Confused by the extensive range of green coffee bean extract out there? I’ve done the research so that you don’t have to.
And one more thing to note – it can be tempting to take more than is recommended, to get faster results. DO NOT DO THIS. Some of the side effects can be anxiety, jitters, palpitations and loose bowels. Overdosing on these will do more harm than good, stick to the recommended guidelines and watch the weight come off!