The GenoType Diet Review
Dr. D’Adamo believes that environmental factors like diet and lifestyle determine how human genes are expressed. He also believes that with education dieters can motivate good genes to work properly and bad genes to stop working. He has formulated The GenoType Diet plan which uses family history and blood type to discover which GenoType plan will help dieters lose weight.
As a second generation naturopathic doctor, Dr. D’Adamo has practiced naturopathic medicine for over twenty-years. He is a well-respected researcher and is best known for his research on human blood groups and nutrition. Dr. D’Adamo has published a series of books including, Eat Right 4 Your Type and Change Your Genetic Destiny, formerly known as The GenoType Diet.
How It Works
Dr. D’Adamo explains how genes can be reprogrammed to respond to weight loss, repair cells, avoid illnesses, and age well. This can be done by tailoring a dieter’s lifestyle to one of the doctor’s GenoType profiles. These profiles are “genetic survival strategies that predate ethnicity and race and correspond to such external traits as body type, jaw shape and teeth patterns” and can enhance health by adding, limiting, or avoiding specific types of food depending upon which type of profile used.
How To Use
Dieters use their family history, fingerprints, and jaw angle to discover which of the GenoType plans is right for their make-up. There are six profiles in all.
- GenoType-One, The Hunter is tall, thin, and intense.
- GenoType-Two, The Gatherer is full-figured and struggles with body image.
- GenoType-Three, The Teacher is strong, sinewy, and stable and is built for longevity.
- GenoType-Four, The Explorer is muscular and adventurous and adapts to change.
- GenoType-Five, The Warrior is long, lean, and healthy and can overcome aging metabolic genes.
- GenoType-Six, The Nomad is a person of extremes and is vulnerable to neuromuscular and immune problems.
What You Receive
To get started on this diet, visit the website and purchase the book. The website also offers many other helps in successful weight loss. Dr. D’Adamo offers The GenoType Kit which gives dieters the tools needed to determine which GenoType the dieter best fits. The website also offers supplements to aid in living a longer, healthier life.
- The GenoType Diet has been researched and has been proven effective
- Aids in weight loss
- No membership
- Costs only the price of a book
- Some people feel naturopathic medicine isn’t a viable, trusted form of practice
- No support
The GenoType Diet is the product of Dr. D’Adamo who is best known for his research on human blood groups and nutrition. This diet is based upon research gathered from studying the historical practices of our ancestors. He believes by adding, limiting, or avoiding specific foods that dieters can turn off bad genes and turn on good genes.
This diet compared to others doesn’t cost as much to follow. However, there are some skeptics who believe that naturopathic medicine isn’t viable. The idea of choosing food to eat based upon what shape the dieter’s teeth is sounds preposterous. There is no health reason not to try this diet, but use caution.